Wednesday 9 October 2013

A small follow on from my introduction... What are my initial thoughts and expectations?

So my initial thoughts when I received the brief "Red Heads and Royalty" at first were 'Wow, this is going to be interesting'! I remember that I loved History at school, and the Elizabethans really excited me and I found the whole era fascinating. As the years have passed since leaving school (I'm now 25) I have forgotten the exciting facts and information I had learned, so when I found out we would be doing this brief I was really looking forward to refreshing my memory and learning new facts I hadn't touched on before. Not only this, but it would be about Hair and Make-up... Kurrching!!!!

My initial expectations of the brief were to hope that I can learn invaluable techniques and skills by researching in to the Elizabethans and learning about their techniques.. as I feel that Hair styles and colours have adapted era by era, and if it wasn't for history then we wouldn't have what we do today. We wouldn't have the products we have, the tools, the knowledge.. So I think what I am trying to say is that I feel learning about Elizabethan hair will be a really exciting learning process and I will gain precious knowledge of what essentially, I feel, started the Hair phenomenon!

No comments:

Post a Comment